Are you stuck in a lunchbox rut? Try one of these tasty non-sandwich school lunch ideas to start feeling excited about lunch again.
If you find yourself going back to the same lunches day after day, you need my latest recipe book, 101 packed lunches!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
To help you get out of your lunchtime routine a little, we’ve put together this list of our member’s favorite Non-Sandwich Lunch Ideas!
Not every kid loves bread or, due to dietary restrictions, can have it. Specialty gluten-free and allergy-friendly bread can get expensive. Though I do often make my own grain-free paleo bread, I also serve up tons of breadless lunches for the whole family too.
Non-Sandwich Lunch Recipes
Ready to check out these favorite no bread lunches? Here’s my top ten. And when you’d cooked your way through this list, you’ll find my top gluten-free lunches here.
Since I’m all about balance, here’s my big list of epic sandwich fillings so you can make exciting sandwiches when you do pack them for lunch!
Which of these non sandwich lunches will you enjoy first?
Non-Sandwich Lunch Ideas
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 1 can refried black beans, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup pico de gallo/salsa
- Sour cream, for topping
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease 2 muffin tins with cooking spray. Line each cup with 2 wonton wrappers and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Transfer the muffin tins to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the wonton wrappers are golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, warm the beans.
- Remove the taco cups from the oven and fill each with warmed black beans, cheese, pico de gallo/salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and green onions.