Need a night off from cooking? This Tortilla Pizza makes a fun and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
Thanks to tortillas, these personal pizzas are quick to make and a healthy way to get your pizza fix.
What is Tortilla Pizza?
Nothing fancy, only flour tortillas topped like a pizza and baked to crispy, cheesy goodness, which is ideal if you’re a thin crust lover. This version of pizza costs less, is better for you, and ready in no time. What’s not to love?!
Why You Should Make Tortilla Pizza
Reason #1: as simple as they are, tortilla pizzas are delicious and kids (picky eaters included) LOVE them!
Reason #2: It’s the perfect opportunity to use up any accumulated leftovers from the week. This is how to take care of those last bits of spinach, shredded cheese, black olives, grilled chicken, ham, turkey, and the half-used jar of marinara.
No, I haven’t been snooping in your fridge but I’m a mom and I know these things. That’s what you’d find if you took a peek in my fridge today too!
Are Tortilla Pizzas Healthy?
While eating an entire personal pizza can leave us feeling overdone, this isn’t the case with tortilla pizzas. The tortilla is a lighter base than regular pizza crust and a smart way to enjoy a favorite food while keeping the carbs in check.
You can include a variety of healthy toppings like veggies, chopped deli cuts, turkey pepperoni, or grilled chicken for extra fiber and protein and to feel good about what’s being served.
How Long to Cook Tortilla Pizza
These take no time at all to bake up, we’re talking 10 minutes max in the oven. If you don’t feel like heating up the whole house, move this show to the toaster oven and in less than two cycles, you’re ready to eat.
Tortilla Pizza For Lunch
Tortilla pizzas work like a charm for lunch and they’re easy to pack into a lunchbox. Get the kids in on this lunch by providing a few healthy options so they can build their own pizza.
Once baked, make sure to let them cool down to room temperature before packing into a lunch box.
Personalized Tortilla Pizzas for Family Dinner
To make this an easy dinner, set out the tortillas and pizza topping as a DIY pizza bar. Depending on what ingredients are on hand you can build any kind of pizza.
This is much easier than arguing over which pizza toppings go on the delivery options and everyone leaves the table happy. It’s a win-win.
Favorite Toppings for Tortilla Pizza
With all the pizzas we’ve baked and eaten, my family has acquired a few favorites. Let’s see there’s the:
- Hawaiian- BBQ sauce, Monterrey Jack cheese, diced pineapple, ham, and red onion.
- Greek- marinara, Mozzarella, feta, sliced bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and feta.
- Taco- salsa, cheddar, leftover taco meat/black beans, black olives, and cilantro. Bake and finish with guacamole and sour cream.
- Loaded- Pepperoni, sausage, leftover meatballs, and veggies, basically any leftover cooked meat you have on hand and veggies.
What Type of Tortillas are Best for Tortilla Pizza?
A little recipe tip, large flour tortillas or a gluten-free version work best for this recipe. Pitas and flatbreads also yielded yummy results but corn tortillas are a no-go. The texture isn’t right and will result in a failed attempt and ordering delivery anyway.
What’s your favorite pizza topping combo?
Easy Tortilla Pizzas
Turn leftover tortillas into a cheesy, perfectly crispy Tortilla Pizza for a fun weeknight meal the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 – 10 minutes
- Total Time: 13 – 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 pizzas 1x
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- 4 flour tortillas
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the tortillas with olive or spray with cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over each tortilla and top with desired toppings.
- Place the tortilla onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve. If packing for lunches, allow the pizza slices to cool down to room temperature before packing into lunch containers.
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 978.1mg
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 31.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: tortilla pizza