Don’t these 7 Layer Mexican Dip Snack Cups look fun? They are nutritious, filling, and made with fresh ingredients.
As the lover of all things fresh, these Mexican layer dip cups are one of my favorite snacks. Sure, the kids love putting these together and eating them… but I love the fact that they are made in single portions so I don’t inhale the whole platter.
I’ve made these with black or pinto beans, fresh guacamole, sour cream, fresh salsa, diced tomatoes, Monterrey Jack or Cheddar cheese, and black olives. To save a little time, however, I used store bought Sabra Guacamole. It’s always fresh and never mushy; like when I go to the store and begin “feeling” the avocados and they are all mushy! The worst.
Anyways, these snack cups are simple to make, delicious, and very portable. Watch this short video to see just how simple:
You can make them up to 3 days ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Just like most of the snack ideas in The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet, it uses fresh ingredients and its a snack everyone in the family can enjoy!
7 Layer Mexican Dip Snack Cups
- Yield: 6-8 snack cups 1x
- 8 ounce package Sabra guacamole or
- 1 cup Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 8 ounce can sliced black olives
- Minced green onion, topping
- Line up all your ingredients and 6 small lidded jars plastic cups.
- Layer about 2 tablespoons of each ingredient: guacamole, black beans, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and black olives inside every cup. Top with green onions and refrigerate.