Need a fun snack that’s nutritious and easy to make? Check out these 7 Layer Mexican Dip Snack Cups. They are filling, made with fresh ingredients, and the perfect dip for chips and fresh veggies.
Watch how simple these dip cups are to assemble in the video below:
As a lover of all things fresh, these Mexican layer dip cups are one of my favorite snacks. I love that they are made with real foods and in single portions, so I don’t inhale the whole platter.
It’s like party food but in a lunchbox. Add some chips, and kids will definitely request this recipe.
Mexican Dip Cup Ingredients
Just like the party dip, these cups layer all of our favorite taco toppings into individual servings you can enjoy with chips and veggies.
Check and make sure you have the ingredients below so you can prep these for the upcoming week:
- Guacamole: store-bought or homemade.
- Black or pinto beans: drained and rinsed.
- Sour cream: adds a soft and tasty layer!
- Pico de Gallo or salsa: your favorite one from the grocery shop or made at home.
- Shredded cheese: Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or any other cheese.
- Tomatoes: diced small.
- Black olives: pitted and sliced.
- Chopped green onions: for topping.
I’ve made these with black or pinto beans, Monterrey Jack, jarred salsa, and it all tastes incredible. To save a little time, I use store-bought guacamole, but if you have some leftover from taco night or like to make your own, by all means, use that. I have an easy guacamole recipe that uses only 2 ingredients and makes the best topping and condiment.
Love easy meal ideas that you can prep ahead like this one? Download a sample MOMables Meal Plan where you’ll find delicious recipes plus a meal prep sheet and a done-for-you shopping list to go along with them.
How to Make Mexican Dip Cups
Assembly is easy and you can prep these ahead of time for easy access to a satisfying snack for the lunch bag or enjoy from home. Grab your ingredients and let’s make these happen!
- Make your Base
In the bottom of a 6-ounce lidded container, spread about 2 tablespoons guacamole.
- Add the Toppings
Layer on the black beans, sour cream, salsa, cheese, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions, about 2 tablespoons of each per dip cup.
Seal the containers and store the dip cups in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, if they last that long.
7 Layer Mexican Dip Snack Cups
- 8- ounce package guacamole or 1 cup Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 15- ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 8- ounce can sliced black olives
- Minced green onion, for topping
- Line up all your ingredients and 6 small lidded jars plastic cups.
- Layer about 2 tablespoons of each ingredient: guacamole, black beans, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and black olives inside every cup. Top with green onions and refrigerate.