September 28, 2022
This veggie snack box is a nutritionally balanced option that’s kid approved AND filled with simple ingredients.
In this post, I’ll show you how to assemble a snack box with items you have on hand and arrange everything, so all the snacks stay super fresh.
Snack Box with Veggie & Dip
It’s not hard to please at snack time when you have a yummy dip, favorite veggies, and a sweet treat, good thing this snack box checks all those boxes!
Ideas like this are excellent for kindergarteners and smaller kids since everything is bite-sized and easy to eat.
Plus, if you add additional protein and whole grains, it becomes a balanced lunch. Some items to include to bulk it up into a lunch would be cheese and crackers, hard-boiled eggs (quartered), or a yogurt parfait.
What is in a Veggie Dip Snack Box
You can assemble a snack box with any kind of veggies, dip, and snacks, but this idea features:
- Veggies: bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot.
- Hummus: or your kid’s favorite dip.
- Treat: this could be fruit, granola bars, or no-bake snack bites.
Great-tasting snack and lunch ideas are a cinch to assemble when you have the right ideas, and you’ll a ton of them in this resource:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack a Veggie Dip Snack Box
The key to packing snack boxes like this one is to keep the wet and dry ingredients separate, so everything stays fresh. In this case, any fruit and veggies can be packed in the same compartment, while items like crackers or snack bites should be placed in their own compartment.
As always, any kind of dip should be packed in a mini sauce container or a compartment if you have enough room.
By now, you may have realized a lunch container with compartments is essential for ideas like this one. Need one? Check out my favorite options in this post.
Kid-Favorite Veggie Dip Snack Box
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup carrot chips
- ¼ cup hummus
- Oatmeal snack bites or sliced fruit
- Wash and slice the veggies.
- Pack the veggies into a compartmentalized lunch container. Add the snack bites to a separate compartment to prevent them from soaking up excess moisture.
- Close the container and pack it into a lunch bag.
- Place the hummus in a mini sauce container and add it to the lunch bag with an ice pack.