If your kids are anything like mine, they’re ready for a snack the moment they are done with school. These healthy after-school snack ideas are perfect for kids who have afternoon munchies!
Quick After-School Snack Ideas
For this easy snack, you’ll simply slice some apples, and cover them with your child’s favorite toppings like mini chocolate c hips, shreddec coconut or a peanut butter drizzle.
Bites & Bars
After School Snacks with Fruits & Veggies
After-School Snack Charcuterie for Kids
Lastly, you can use ingredients from your fridge and pantry to make a healthy after-school snack charcuterie board like this one.
Grab a few ingredients and pair them with your child’s favorite dip, like hummus or ranch dressing, and you’ll have a healthy snack in no time.
- Fresh Veggies
- Sliced sandwich meats
- Cheese slices
Love visuals? Watch this quick video for after-school snack inspiration!
Healthy After School Snack Ideas for Kids
For the After School Snack Board
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 oz cheese, thinly sliced
- 2-4 energy bites or, optional
- 2 oz whole grain crackers, optional
- 1 oz dried fruit, raisins or apples
For the Dip
- 6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- Arrange the apple slices on a small board along with the sliced cheese. If using energy bites, arrange a couple on the board; otherwise, use some whole-grain crackers to pair with the cheese instead.
- Place the dried fruit in the middle of the board, if using. The photo shows dried apples but a small handful of raisins, prunes, or other dried fruits is great too!
- Directly in the yogurt cup, mix the yogurt and peanut butter. You can also use a nut-free butter alternative.
- Place the dip on the board and enjoy!