September 6, 2022
We’ve all packed ranch and celery for lunch, but now it’s time to give this egg salad stuffed celery snack box a try!
You can pack this for a healthy snack or turn it into a quick and easy lunch idea, I’ll show you how to do both below!
Egg Salad Stuffed Celery
If celery sticks with ranch or hummus are a favorite combo in your house, then this is going to be a hit! You get a variety of fresh options AND the best egg salad recipe in crispy celery. It’s the perfect thing to munch on in the afternoon.
Want to bulk up this snack box for a full meal? Easy! Add your child’s favorite whole grain crackers or pita wedges, a full apple instead of half, and sliced cheese.
Filling the lunchbox with a variety of nutritious options is easy when you have the right ideas! Want more? You’ll find them in this guide:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
What’s in an Egg Salad Stuffed Celery Snackbox
As long as this snack box has egg salad stuffed celery, you could assemble it with anything. Here’s what’s in this one:
- Celery: cut into 3-inch strips.
- Egg salad: use this mayo-free egg salad recipe or store-bought.
- Olives: optional, but they add a nice touch!
- Fruit: could be apples, grapes, oranges- whatever you have in the kitchen.
- Veggies: this snack box has sliced cucumber and tomatoes.
Use quite a bit of celery for snacks and recipes? Check out this post on how to keep celery fresh for up to 2 weeks!
How to Pack Egg Salad Stuffed Celery for Lunch
Now, grab those ingredients, and let me show you how to assemble them for packed lunch:
Wash and prep the veggies and fruit. Fill the celery with egg salad and top with olive slices.
- Pack it up
Place the celery into a compartmentalized lunch box and add the fruit and additional snacks to the empty compartments. More details about safely packing egg salad for lunch here.
- Wet and dry ingredients separate
If packing this with crackers or other dry ingredients, keep them separate from the wet ingredients, so they don’t soak up excess moisture.
- Keep it cool
Close the container and place it in a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Having a compartmentalized lunch container comes in super handy when you want to pack snacks and lunches with variety; click to see the best lunch and snack boxes for kids.
Egg Salad Stuffed Celery Snackbox
- 2 sticks celery, cut in half
- ½ cup no-mayo egg salad, or your favorite
- 1 tablespoon black olives, sliced
- 1 small apple, sliced
- Wash and prep the celery sticks. Fill each with the egg salad and top with black olives.
- Place the celery sticks into a compartmentalized lunch container and add the sliced apple and veggies into separate compartments.
- Close the container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.