If you’re looking for an easy, allergy-friendly lunch idea, we’ve got you covered with this Mayo-Free Egg Salad!
Egg salad is a classic lunch staple. You can use it in sandwiches, wraps, or even as a dip for crackers or veggies!
But many store-bought (or even homemade) egg salads use mayonnaise, which can contain raw eggs.
That can be a problem! There’s also a ton of other nasty ingredients in mayonnaise that we try to avoid most of the time.
This Mayo-Free Egg Salad is the solution! It has the same classic taste of traditional egg salad without the raw eggs. You can make a big batch at the beginning of the week for easy lunch packing.
You can check out how to make this easy Mayo-Free Egg Salad on my YouTube channel! You’ll see just how simple the recipe is.
Healthy Lunch Idea: Mayo-Free Egg Salad
This recipe is from Laura’s Cookbook, The Best Homemade Kid’s Lunches on the Planet.
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 8 hard-boiled
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 thin slices oven roasted turkey, rolled up
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl combine hard-boiled eggs, yellow mustard, paprika, Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, and chives. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Roll up turkey slices and cut pita wedges.
- Assemble 1/4 of the egg salad into a divided lunch container along side the turkey slices and pita wedges.