December 22, 2015
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for an easy, allergy-friendly lunch idea, we’ve got you covered with this Mayo-Free Egg Salad!
Egg salad is a classic lunch staple. You can use it in sandwiches, wraps, or even as a dip for crackers or veggies!
But many store-bought (or even homemade) egg salads use mayonnaise, which can contain raw eggs.
That can be a problem! There’s also a ton of other nasty ingredients in mayonnaise that we try to avoid most of the time.
This Mayo-Free Egg Salad is the solution! It has the same classic taste of traditional egg salad without the raw eggs. You can make a big batch at the beginning of the week for easy lunch packing.
You can check out how to make this easy Mayo-Free Egg Salad on my YouTube channel! You’ll see just how simple the recipe is.
No Mayo Egg Salad
- 8 hard-boiled eggs diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt or mayo
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 thin slices oven roasted turkey rolled up
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl combine hard-boiled eggs, yellow mustard, paprika, Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, and chives. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Roll up turkey slices and cut pita wedges.
- Assemble ¼ of the egg salad into a divided lunch container along side the turkey slices and pita wedges.
Love egg salad!! Will have to try out this recipe with my littles. And it’s the perfect recipe to have my 3.5 year old join as sous chef, as she is always keen to measure, pour and mix during our cookouts. Thanks for sharing :-)
I’m so glad your daughter can join in on the cooking! I love when my kids help out in the kitchen. Thanks, Yvette!