This teen-approved recipe for an egg salad wrap comes together in a matter of minutes, and it’s as easy as folding the ingredients inside a flour tortilla and packing it with the tips below so it stays fresh til lunch.
Easy Egg Salad Wrap
While it’s made with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, this egg salad still has a great creamy flavor you can enjoy with crackers, in a sandwich, or roll into a tortilla.
What’s in an Egg Salad Wrap
Healthy wrap ideas like this one are a perfect vessel to fill with veggies and lean proteins like this homemade egg salad. I keep this recipe simple, but you can add your favorite toppings and fillings to make it all your own.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy lunch happen:
- Mayo-free egg salad: 1 batch of this mayo-free egg salad is plenty for 4 wraps.
- Burrito-size tortillas: use regular tortillas or gluten-free tortillas.
- Toppings: this wrap is made with mixed salad greens and chopped tomatoes.
- Something crunchy: crackers, baked chips, or banana chips.
- Fruit: this lunch uses blueberries, but you swap them for your favorite berry or fruit.
Watch the magic happen in this short video!
Looking for more fresh lunch ideas you can tote to school or the office? I’ve got them all!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Egg Salad Wrap for Lunch
Here’s where you learn how to pack this egg salad wrap and keep it fresh until lunchtime.
Make the egg salad and halve the grape tomatoes.
- Assemble the wrap
Top each tortilla with a portion of egg salad, mixed greens, and chopped tomatoes. Fold and roll burrito style.
- Pack the into compartments
To keep the wrap and dry ingredients fresh, pack them separately from the fruit.
- Prepare for transport
Seal the lunch container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack. Now, you’re all set for a yummy and healthy lunch!
Easy Egg Salad Wrap
- 1 large flour tortilla
- ⅓ cup Mayo-Free Egg Salad
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Favorite sides
- Place the tortilla onto a flat surface and top with the egg salad, mixed salad greens or lettuce, and tomatoes. Fold one end over the filling and roll tightly before cutting in half. Place it inside a lunch container.
- Pack your favorite sides, like banana chips and berries iinside separate compartments to separate the ingredients and nothing gets soggy.
- Close the lunch container with the lid and pack it inside a lunch bag with an ice pack or refrigerate until needed.