Made with four wholesome ingredients and easy to assemble in 5 minutes, this tasty snack is always a hit!
Healthy After School Snack: Apple Sandwiches
Healthy doesn’t have to be bland, expensive, or time-consuming. Quite the opposite! With this simple Apple Sandwich recipe, you can pull together a healthy snack in 5 minutes with basic ingredients that kids enjoy eating!
“I don’t like apples,” said no kid ever, so this fruit is definitely a mom’s ally, and it’s available all year round! So you just need to add a little fun to turn it into a terrific no-bake after-school snack that’s also packed with nutrition. EPIC!
Instead of those store-bought, colorful little packages with questionable ingredients, cut a few apples, spread a few things, and ta-da! Tasty apple sandwiches are waiting to be devoured. And they will be.
What goes in Apple Sandwiches
Go and check out your pantry because I know you have everything you need to make these apple sandwiches:
- Apples: green or red apples; use what you have on hand.
- Peanut butter: or your go-to peanut butter alternative.
- Granola: store-bought or homemade classic granola, chocolate coconut granola… choose your favorite.
- Shredded coconut: more flavor, texture, and nutrition!
How to Make Apple Sandwiches
Cut apples into slices, add tasty ingredients, and watch these apple sandwiches disappear from the table:
- Prep the apples
First, you’ll cut the apple into horizontal slices to create round, flat circles.
- Add the filling
You’ll spread almond butter on top of each slice and sprinkle with granola and shredded coconut.
Finally, you’ll close each sandwich with the remaining apple slices and serve immediately.
More Healthy After-School Snack Ideas
Once you make your own after-school snacks, you won’t look back! Here are more delicious and super easy ideas that will make your kids happy:
Apple Sandwiches: After School Snack
- 2 apples, washed
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Cut each apple into 4 horizontal slices, creating round, flat circles (with a hole in the center like an O). Discard seeds and any pulp around the core.
- Lay 4 apple circles on a plate. Spread almond butter on top of each slice, sprinkle with granola and shredded coconut, and top each sandwich with remaining apple slices. Serve immediately.