January 13, 2015
Looking for ways to get more veggies in your kid’s diet? These broccoli nuggets are a great start.
While your kids might not eat a plate of steamed broccoli, these cheesy broccoli nuggets are a great way to get more veggies in their diet. Made with four simple ingredients and seasonings, they make a quick side dish or school lunch.
Love easy recipes like this one? Check out more kid-favorite lunch ideas in the 101 Packed Lunches eBook.
How to Pack Broccoli Nuggets for Lunch
Kids love nuggets of any kind, and the cheddar and broccoli combination is sure to get their stamp of approval. Here’s how to pack these for lunch:
- Prepare the nuggets
- Divide 4-6 in a lunch container or thermos
- Seal and pack with your choice of dipping sauce
When I say they are easy to make, I mean it. Check out this quick video and see for yourself.
If you want to make these nuggets ahead of time and refrigerate for later, make sure to reheat them in a microwave or toaster oven before packing them into a lunch container or thermos.
Broccoli Nuggets Recipe
- 16- ounce bag of broccoli florets, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place broccoli florets inside a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasoning to the veggie mixture. Process a few pulses until every combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place veggie nugget scoops onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gently press them down so all nuggets are the same height.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly prior to serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 3 days.