Are you looking for ways to make broccoli more appealing? These broccoli nuggets are easy to make and kids love the broccoli cheddar combo!
Broccoli. Just that word alone can conjure up the shake of a child’s head and a firm, ‘no’ when it comes to eating this nutritious food.
What’s a mom to do? Broccoli Nuggets to the rescue! Kids love nuggets of any kind, and the cheddar and broccoli combination is sure to get their stamp of approval.
When I say they are easy to make, I mean it. Check out this quick video and see for yourself.
You’ll love that they are getting a bit of green veggies into their day, and they’ll love the kid friendly flavor.
Our meal plans are full of idea and tips, just like this recipe, to help you overcome mealtime adversity.
For a sample meal plan and to learn how you can add variety to your family meals, click here.
Teach Your Kids to Cook By Age – Broccoli Nuggets Recipe
The combination of broccoli and cheddar in these Broccoli Nuggets are sure to make them a favorite with kids!
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 16 ounce bag of broccoli florets, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place broccoli florets inside a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese and seasoning to veggie mixture. Process a few pulses until every combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place veggie nugget scoops onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press them down so all nuggets are the same height.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly prior to serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 3 days.