A pizza inspired bistro box made healthy and fast for the ultimate healthy and quick lunch!
This Pizza Bistro Box was inspired by both my kids’ devotion to pizza and my determination to use leftover toppings to pack lunches. It’s not your typical bistro box but we never really make “typical” lunches around here anyway.
This bistro box comes together quickly with hummus, pita chips, nitrate-free pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese, roasted bell pepper strips, and black olives. It’s the better version of the pre-packaged crackers and cheese or deconstructed pizza lunches you’ll find at the grocery store.
Don’t keep roasted bell peppers in your pantry? Swap them with fresh bell pepper strips. Use regular crackers, pita wedges, or even pretzels instead of pita chips. The options are endless!
Fresh and easy ideas just like this one can also be found in my 101 Packed Lunches ebook.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
That’s the fun in building bistro boxes, the ingredients are simple, ready to eat, and can be easily swapped or replaced with whatever items you have available, even with leftovers.
Bistro Box Ingredients
Leftover items that are great for packing into a bistro box include:
- Leftover grilled or roasted chicken
- Guacamole and cheese from taco night
- Egg salad from leftover hard-boiled eggs
- Chicken salad from a previous lunch
- Deli meats like turkey, ham, or roast beef
- Hard-boiled eggs or deviled eggs
All you have to do is pair these options with fresh fruit, veggies, and whole-grain or grain-free carbohydrates to make it a complete meal.
Bistro boxes are also super quick to assemble and prep ahead of time. Most ingredients like deli cuts, veggies, fruit, and cheese will stay fresh for a long time in the fridge. So you can make these on Sunday and BOOM! You have lunches ready through Friday.
Looking for more bistro box ideas? Check these out.
- Tex Mex Bistro Box
- Chicken and Hummus Bistro Box
- Protein Bistro Box
- Fruit and Cheese Bistro Box
- Goat Cheese and Veggie Bistro Box
- Caprese Skewers Snack Box
- 3 Healthy Bento Box Lunches
- Ham and Cheese Roll-up
- How to Build a Bistro Box
Other fun ways to pack pizza in a lunchbox
If your kids simply can’t get enough pizza in their lives, they are sure to enjoy one of these fun pizza lunch ideas for their next school lunch!Print
Pizza Bistro Box
This Pizza Bistro Box Lunch idea combines your favorite pizza toppings along with hummus and pita chips make a healthy lunch for school or the office!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 lunches
- Category: Lunch
- 2 singles serve hummus cups
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 ounces Mozzarella cheese cubes
- 12 black olives
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers
- 20 pita chips
- Divide the ingredients between 2 lunch containers with compartments. Keep the crackers seperate from the rest of the ingredients to prevent them from getting soggy.
- Serving Size: 1 bistro box
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 1317.8mg
- Fat: 22.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Cholesterol: 59.3mg
Leave a Reply