July 6, 2022
Try this pasta preschool lunch for a healthy and colorful meal your kids will love.
It’s simple to make and easy for your child to tote in their lunch bag and enjoy at school. Grab some pasta, and let’s work some magic!
Easy Preschool Pasta Lunch
This pasta salad comes together quickly and makes a great lunch idea for smaller appetites. It’s easy to whip up with just a handful of familiar ingredients and offers a variety of nutrients their growing bodies need.
You could also include chopped deli cuts, diced grilled chicken, or hard-boiled eggs for added protein.
Pasta salads also hold up well in a lunch bag and don’t require any reheating- it’s the perfect way to pack something your child will feel comfortable eating on their own. Just add an ice pack to the lunch bag, and they’re all set.
If you’re looking for something more bento-style try one of these preschool snack ideas. They’re made packed with different snack bites, fruit, veggies, and protein and they’re perfect for kids.
What is in this Preschool Pasta Lunch
Pasta salads are fair game for customizing, but here’s what you need for a good start:
- Pasta: macaroni, rotini, penne, and shells work great!
- Green peas: frozen green peas add bright color, fiber, and protein.
- Light dressing: use a light vinaigrette or plain olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Something sweet: pack this lunch with strawberries, sliced apples, grapes, etc.
- Veggie: add fresh veggies for a crunchy snack.
Want more healthy lunch ideas to fill up the lunchbox? I’ve got just the ones you’re looking for:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Preschool Pasta Lunch
Here’s how to assemble a pasta salad and keep it fresh until lunchtime:
Boil the pasta, slice the cucumbers, and prep the berries.
- Toss the Pasta Salad
In a large bowl, combine the pasta and thawed green peas. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Keep the Pasta Fresh
Transfer the pasta into the largest compartment of the lunch container. Pack the fruit and veggies into separate compartments.
- Prepare for Take-Off
Close the lunch container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Preschool Pasta Lunch
- ½ cup dry macaroni or shell pasta
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Strawberries, washed and halved
- Sliced cucumber
- Carrot chips
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- To the pasta, add the frozen green peas, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Toss the ingredients together and transfer the pasta salad into a compartmentalized lunch container.
- Pack the veggies and fruit into a separate compartment and top with the lid.
- Refrigerate or pack the container into a lunch bag with an ice pack.