If you like the convenience and flavors of take-out, you are going to love this quick teriyaki chicken recipe.
Quick and easy skillet recipes are my kind of meals and this teriyaki chicken is no different. A 30 minute marinade for the chicken is the key to bringing together the flavors of this favorite take out meal. In a large skillet you’ll cook the chicken for about three minutes on each side.
The flavorful marinade, then becomes the sauce after reducing for a few minutes, after the chicken has finished. Serve on top of cauliflower rice, or steamed rice and garnish with green onions. There you have it! A quick dinner, that’s even better than take out!
The recipe is family sized so it’s perfect for dinner or as a thermos lunch. Check out how easy this recipe is to make!
Of course we all know how much better Teriyaki Chicken is the next day, making leftovers the perfect thermos lunch.
Quick and easy skillet recipes are my kind of meals and this teriyaki chicken is no different.Teriyaki Chicken Lunch Bowls
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ¼ cup brown sugar, honey, or coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup coconut aminos, soy sauce, or Braggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Oil, for pan frying Green onions, optional
- Rice, optional
- Pound chicken breasts or thighs to 1/4 inch thin by starting in the middle and working out to the edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine brown sugar, coconut aminos, water, grated garlic, and ginger.
- Place chicken inside a glass container or large gallon zip bag and transfer sauce into container. Mix chicken and sauce over a few times to combine.
- Marinade chicken for 30 minutes to 2 hours (even overnight for a strong flavor).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Begin to cook chicken, about 3 minutes in each side, and remove from pan.
- Repeat process with remaining chicken if the pan is too small.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour contents of zip bag into the pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Bring chicken back into the pan, toss to combine into sauce, and turn off heat.
- Serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with green onions, optional.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 1065g
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1/6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7g
- Protein: 14.9g