Tired of making the same sandwiches for lunch? Mix things up by adding Greek Chicken Flatbreads to your rotation!
Falling into the sandwich rut of lunch packing is an easy thing to do. We’ve all been there. After so many days of making lunches, sometimes we just need quick and easy. Sometimes, quick and easy can be even better than a sandwich, AND come from dinner time leftovers!
That’s exactly what these Greek Chicken Flatbreads can be for you. Simple, familiar ingredients make this a great dinner; roasted chicken, romaine, cucumber and tomato with a creamy hummus dressing, all wrapped together in a soft flatbread or grain-free pita. Left overs make a delicious lunch that’s sure to get you out of that sandwich rut!
Looking for more ideas like this, to add variety and fun to your family meals? Join us over on MOMables to sign up for our menus!
Greek Chicken Flatbreads
Get yourself out of the lunch box rut! Sandwiches don’t have to be boring; my Greek Chicken Flatbreads is an epic lunch you’ll love.
- 1 whole smoked, barbecued, or roasted chicken, shredded
- 6 whole grain flat breads
- 10–12 whole romaine heart leaves, washed
- 6–8 ounces kalamata olives
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 batch creamy hummus dressing
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, ends cut and diced small
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon dill (or Italian seasoning)
- Olive oil, drizzle
- salt, to taste
Creamy Hummus Dressing:
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a flat surface, shred chicken meat using two forks. Discard bones.
- Place remaining ingredients in their own dishes in an assembly line on the table.
- To assemble: hold your flatbread on your hands or on a plate. Place romaine leaves as the base to hold your chicken. Top with olives and feta cheese, drizzle with about a tablespoon of hummus dressing.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Drizzle with a little olive oil and add a little salt to taste.
For Hummus Dressing:
- Whisk hummus together with lemon juice and water; season with salt and pepper. Add an additional tablespoon of water if the dressing is too thick.