Chicken Salad is a school lunch idea that my kids have started to enjoy, but who wants to eat the same chicken salad sandwich every day? Not me!
We often get stuck on using ingredients the way we always have, in this case, it’s chicken salad, but today I want to share other delicious and healthy options you can use it for, like wraps, stuffed in an avocado, and more!
Chicken Salad Lunch Ideas
I have an incredible Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe for starters that’s perfect for using leftover baked chicken, but if you are pressed for time buying a premade chicken salad from your favorite local grocery is always an option. If you’re feeling brave, or serving older kids, you can also try my spicy chicken salad recipe with any of the ideas below!
You can also use this recipe for a healthy lunch meal prep and assemble the recipes ahead of time or just make a large batch of the chicken salad and use it as you please throughout the week.
It’s simple tips like these that help parents cut down on wasted food at the end of the week and save time in the kitchen.
Need more lunchbox inspiration? I’ve got over 100 recipes for you in my ebook, 101 Packed Lunches!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Now, onto the recipes!
1. Chicken Salad Bento
Pack this chicken salad with a variety of fresh veggies and crackers to dip with; it’s a simple lunch that can be prepped days ahead.
2. Chicken Salad Wrap
This wrap is a simple lunch that’s easy to assemble and send off with fruit and veggies for a balanced meal. If you’re tired of the sandwich rut, wraps are a great way to break that cycle, and I have a ton of delicious and healthy lunch wraps ideas here that you can choose from.
3. Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado
Packing chicken salad into an avocado is not only a delicious way to enjoy it, but this lunch is loaded with healthy fats and protein to keep you satisfied for hours.
4. Chicken Salad Tacos
Have leftover tortillas from taco night? Put them to use by making a chicken salad taco or quesadilla. Grilling is optional but adds a delicious, toasted flavor.
5. Chicken Salad and Lettuce
Top a bed of spring mix lettuce with chicken salad and tomatoes. It’s a light lunch and a smart way to use up the last bit of lettuce and chicken salad from the week.
If you’re making these recipes ahead of time, be sure to read up on how long chicken salad lasts and how to store it here.
More Lunches with One Main Ingredient
Did you like these school lunch ideas with chicken salad? Below you’ll find other ways I recreated one ingredient into 5 fresh and delicious lunches. Which one will you make next?
- 5 Healthy School Lunch Ideas with Turkey
- 5 Healthy School Lunch Ideas with Ham
- 5 Healthy School Lunch Ideas with Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 5 Healthy School Lunch Ideas with Egg Salad
- 5 Healthy School Lunch Ideas with Hummus
Chicken Salad Wraps | 5 Healthy Lunch Ideas with Chicken Salad
Five ways to recreate classic chicken salad into healthy school and office lunches that you can pack ahead.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 wraps 1x
- Category: lunches
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 1 whole roasted chicken, meat off
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅓–½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Put chicken meat in a food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop. Continue pulsing for about 30 seconds until the chicken is finely chopped. *If you turn “on” the food processor, your chicken will become a “paste” instead, use the pulse method until it’s very finely chopped.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, pepper creole seasoning and blend well.
- Toss chicken into the bowl, combine a few times with a spatula and add finely chopped celery.
- Top both tortillas with ½ to ¾ cup chicken salad and shredded lettuce. Fold and roll tightly. Cut in half and serve or pack into lunch containers.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 611.8mg
- Fat: 18.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 22.5g
- Cholesterol: 58.3mg
Keywords: chicken salad, chicken salad wraps