I’ve got a simple and flavor-packed lunch idea for you: rotisserie chicken wraps with ranch dressing!
It’s like the best salad you’ve ever tasted tucked inside a soft flour tortilla, who’s ready to make one?
Rotisserie Chicken Wraps with Ranch Dressing
Hands down, a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is one of the BEST meal builders! The meat is seasoned to perfection, perfectly cooked, and yields up to 4 cups of pure protein. I often serve half of a rotisserie chicken for dinner one night and the next day I use leftovers to pack lunches like this chicken wrap or my Chicken Cesar Lunch Wrap.
Every bite is infused with tender chicken, creamy ranch, and crispy lettuce. Plus, the chicken filling can be prepped up to 3 days ahead, so assembling this lunch takes less than 5 minutes on a busy morning.
Pro tip: be sure to shred the rotisserie chicken when it’s at room temperature. If it’s too hot you will burn your hands, if it’s cold, the meat is hard to separate from the bones and skin.
Related: More Lunch Wrap Ideas
What is in a Rotisserie Chicken Wrap
Here are all the rotisserie chicken wraps ingredients you’ll need to add to the shopping list:
- Rotisserie chicken: grab one from the deli section, or roast your own chicken!
- Shredded cheese: use cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, or any variety you have available.
- Green onion: optional but adds a nice crunch and flavor.
- Ranch dressing: adds tangy, creamy flavor! Make it with store-bought or homemade ranch.
- Tortillas: large flour or gluten-free wraps are pliable and hold up best.
- Lettuce: optional but adds a fresh, crunchy texture.
- Snacks: balance it out with fresh carrot chips and mixed berries.
The best-tasting lunches are made with simple ingredients and the right ideas! Want more? I’ve got 100+ waiting just for you, including more delicious cold wraps like this one!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack a Rotisserie Chicken Wrap for Lunch
Here’s where you’ll learn to assemble this chicken wrap and prevent it from falling apart in the lunchbox.
- Fill and fold
Spread a scoop of the rotisserie chicken mixture onto the tortilla and top with the shredded lettuce. Fold and roll the wrap tightly.
- Can you wrap?
Here’s where the wording gets a little tricky, so stick with me; wrap the assembled tortilla wrap with a paper towel or plastic wrap. This is what keeps the ingredients “tucked” in place so nothing falls apart in the lunchbox.
- Pack it up
Cut the wrap in half with a serrated knife (easier to use on the paper towel or plastic), and pack it into a lunch container. Add the veggies and fruit to separate compartments to eat with the chicken wrap for lunch.
- Prepare for shipment
Close the lunch container and add it to a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Need a compartmentalized lunch container so you can pack wraps and sandwiches with fruit and wet ingredients under one lid? You’ll find the ones I love to use here.
Have more leftovers? There are so many amazing ways to turn rotisserie chicken into a kid-favorite lunch, try one of these ideas next.
Rotisserie Chicken Lunch Wrap
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ cup shredded cheese, any kind
- 1 small green onion, diced
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 4 large flour tortillas, spinach, whole wheat, or gluten-free
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, optional
- Fruit and veggies of your choice
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with shredded cheese, green onions, and ranch dressing until combined.
- Place the tortillas onto a large cutting board and top each with a portion of the chicken mixture and shredded lettuce. Fold and tuck the sides in before rolling tightly. Wrap with a paper towel or plastic wrap to keep the filling intact.
- Cut each wrap in half and pack it into a compartmentalized lunch container. Add your choice of fruit and veggies to the empty compartments.
- Close the container and place it in a lunch bag with an ice pack.