Who knew you could mix fruit and veggies and make it taste this good? These Peanut Butter Apple Wraps will please even the pickiest eaters.
I understand how hard it is to pack lunch for picky eaters. There were times when I just packed a turkey sandwich every day because I was so frustrated! That’s one of the reasons I started MOMables – to help make meal time easier for you by creating recipes that kids will love! These Peanut Butter Apple Wraps are definitely one of those recipes.
The peanut butter and fruit combo is hard to beat, and it’s even better on a delicious tortilla. Of course, use gluten-free if you need to! You can also use a seed butter if your child is allergic to nuts. It’s totally customizable so everyone can enjoy these delicious wraps. Plus, they’re super easy to make with common ingredients you probably already have.
The best part? You get to sneak some veggies in! The carrots add a nice crunch and a little extra sweetness. The granola on top is the icing on the cake! My absolute favorite recipe is this grain-free vanilla granola, but you can use whatever you like. I hope your kids enjoy these delicious wraps!
Peanut Butter Apple Wraps
This recipe is from Laura’s cookbook The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4-8 1x
- Category: Lunch
- ½ cup (130 g) creamy peanut butter
- 4 whole wheat or spinach tortillas
- ¾ cup (90 g) finely chopped apple
- ⅓ cup (37 g) shredded carrot
- ⅓ cup (50 g ) granola (we love this grain-free recipe)
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) ground flax
- Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on one side of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle apple, carrot, granola and flax evenly over each tortilla. Roll up tightly, cut in half, and serve.
Make these wraps gluten free by using gluten free tortillas.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 358.3mg
- Fat: 24.2g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5g
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg