From wraps, sandwiches, salads, and bento boxes, the recipes below will help full fill the lunchbox, plus all the tips to keep them fresh till lunch!
Best Lunch Ideas with Hummus
The versatility of hummus makes it a terrific ingredient to use when making a school lunch. It can be spread onto a wrap or sandwich, for dipping, or even salad dressing. From school lunches to office lunches, hummus is an ingredient for all ages.
This video has 5 lunch ideas:
Lunch Recipes Made with Hummus
The lunch recipes below use hummus in different ways, not just as a dip! You can make hummus at home or use your favorite store-bought brand.
Make sure to click the orange button to learn how to keep each of those hummus lunches fresh until lunch.
Access all the school lunch ideas at your fingertips.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Hummus Flavors and Recipes
Hummus can be simple or include other ingredients to infuse it with flavor. You can enjoy the Authentic Mediterannean Hummus Recipe from my Greek Stepdad which is made with chickpeas or, take a spin on it by making it with other ingredients.
Between the lunch recipes above and the variety of hummus recipes you can make at home, all you need is one of these lunch containers for school to hold your lunch!
9 Epic Lunch Ideas with Hummus
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 ½ cups salad greens, or spinach
- 4 slices deli turkey
- Spread the hummus over the tortilla. Sprinkle the shredded carrots over the hummus and top with the salad greens. Layer the turkey slices on top of the veggies.
- Fold the sides in and roll tightly into a wrap. Slice in half.
- Place the wrap inside the main compartment of a lunch container. Add veggies, fruit, or your favorite lunch box sides in another compartment or separate container.
- Refrigerate until you're ready to pack it inside the lunch bag, adding an ice pack if necessary.