Who could pass up a spinach turkey wrap that looks like this?
You get some crunch from the spinach, the freshness of the tomato, and lots of protein from the turkey. Keep reading, and I’ll show you how to fold and pack it into the lunchbox!
Turkey & Veggie Wrap
When it comes to filling the lunchbox with kid-friendly options that are healthy and offer variety, it’s a matter of repurposing the usual ingredients in a new way.
In this case, we’re taking ordinary sliced turkey and folding it into a tortilla with hummus and fresh veggies. It’s simple, easy to assemble, and customizable with your favorite ingredients.
It’s a 5-minute lunch idea that’s suitable for all ages; if you’re feeding smaller appetites, then half a wrap is plenty, but for large appetites and growing, definitely pack the entire thing with snacks!
What’s in this Spinach Turkey Wrap
Let’s take a look at what you’ll need to make these easy lunch wraps happen:
- Tortilla: large flour tortillas are pliable and hold a lot of ingredients.
- Hummus: a healthier alternative for mayo.
- Deli turkey: or your favorite deli cut.
- Spinach: or chopped lettuce.
- Tomato: tastes great with the hummus and turkey.
- Something sweet: could be fruit or a couple of these snack bites
Want more fresh and easy lunch ideas your kids will love? I’ve got a hundred of them right here:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack a Spinach Turkey Wrap for Lunch
Now, let’s pack this spinach turkey wrap in the lunchbox!
- Wrap it right
To keep the tortilla from soaking up moisture from the tomatoes, you’ll want to layer the wrap in this order: hummus, spinach, tomato, and turkey.
- Pack it up
Place the wrap in a container. Since we want to avoid soggy wraps, add fruit or other sides to a separate compartment or container.
- Prepare for take-off
Close the container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Want to assemble this wrap, fruit, and other snacks under one lid? A compartmentalized lunch container is your answer, and you can check out my favorite options here.Print
Spinach Turkey Wraps with Hummus
This spinach turkey wrap is a healthy five-minute lunch idea packed with creamy hummus, fresh veggies, and protein!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Lunch
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 large flour tortilla
- Handful of fresh spinach chopped or 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 2–3 tomato slices
- 2 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 cup strawberries
- Spread the hummus over the tortilla and top it with fresh spinach, tomato, and turkey. Fold and roll the tortilla tightly before cutting it in half.
- Pack the wrap into a compartmentalized lunch container. Add the fruit into a separate compartment and top with a lid.
- Place the lunchbox in a lunch bag with an ice pack.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 998.5 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.2 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 20.7 g
- Cholesterol: 25.1 mg
Leave a Reply