July 27, 2023
Learn how to assemble this nutritious wrap so it doesn’t fall apart in the lunchbox. Plus, the best swaps and add-ins!
Turkey Spinach Wrap with Hummus
Crunchy, delicious, and packed with nutrition: this Spinach Wrap with Turkey is the ultimate school lunch to help your kids eat more veggies in a fun and easy way!
The best part is that you can customize this wrap with your favorite ingredients and make it more o less “green” to match your kid’s taste. I use a spinach wrap, but you can use a traditional wrap too. If kids are not really into hummus, mayo, and Ranch are a great swap.
I add shredded carrots for crunchiness and nutrition. If you have hungry teens at home, bulk this lunch up by adding lettuce or spinach leaves to the wrap and packing extra veggies, fruits, or their favorite snacks as a side!
What is in Spinach Wrap with Turkey
This hand-held wrap lunch is stuffed with nutrition! With a few fresh ingredients, you can pack an epic school meal your kid will ask for on repeat.
This Spinach Wrap with Turkey includes:
- Spinach tortilla: store-bought or homemade spinach tortillas. You can use a traditional wrap too.
- Hummus: keeps the wrap moist. Mayonnaise and Ranch dressing also work!
- Deli turkey: any sliced deli turkey to add protein.
- Shredded carrots: adds crunchy texture and more veggies to the wrap!
- Fruit & veggies: any fruit or veggies your kid likes make a great addition to the lunchbox.
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to pack Spinach Wrap with Turkey for lunch
Grab deli turkey, veggies, and it´s almost done! Check how to build this delicious wrap in 5 minutes and pack it correctly so it stays fresh until lunchtime.
The four simple steps:
- Add the filling
Spread the hummus over the spinach wrap and top it with the sliced turkey. Place the shredded carrots on top of the turkey, in the middle of the wrap. If you want to add lettuce or spinach place it on top of the carrots.
- Wrap it!
Fold the sides in and roll the tortilla tightly into a wrap before cutting it in half.
- Pack it for lunch
Place the wrap in a lunch container and pack it with fruit and veggies or any other sides.
Refrigerate until ready to place inside a lunch bag, along with an ice pack if necessary.
More tips for packing wraps for school lunch
Wraps make healthy and delicious school lunches that fill hungry bellies! Follow these tips to build a complete and satisfying meal every time:
Use a sturdy container
Pack this wrap in a firm container to prevent it from getting smashed in the lunch bag. A wrap-sized container or compartment will hold the wrap intact!
Make it more filling
Bulk it up by adding spinach leaves or lettuce to the wrap. If your kid doesn´t love green leaves, in a separate compartment, add cheese cubes, a hard-boiled egg, or extra veggies like cherry tomatoes, red pepper strips, or carrots. Fruits like grapes, berries, kiwis, tangerines, oranges are a great side too!
Spinach Wrap with Turkey & Hummus
- 1 spinach tortilla wrap
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 2 ounces sliced deli turkey
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- Spread the hummus over the spinach wrap and top it with the sliced turkey. Place the shredded carrots on top of the turkey, in the middle of the wrap. If you want to add lettuce or spinach place it on top of the carrots.
- Fold the sides in and roll the tortilla tightly into a wrap before cutting it in half.
- Place the wrap in a lunch container and pack it with fruit and veggies or any other sides.
- Refrigerate until ready to place inside a lunch bag, along with an ice pack if necessary.