August 4, 2022
Epic chicken salad with greens is a light and delicious lunch you can enjoy with crackers, fruit, and additional veggies.
If you are looking for more ways to add more leafy vegetables to your kid’s day, try topping them with a creamy, seasoned chicken salad. This one is always a winner.
Chicken Salad Lunch
There are so many ways to serve chicken salad and over a bed of greens is one of the most simple and delicious options out there. It’s a great idea for growing teens or any kid who likes salad, and you can assemble it with spring mix or chopped lettuce, whichever they prefer.
No need for dressing because my chicken salad recipe packs enough flavor, along with 23 grams of protein per serving!
Plus, you can prep the chicken mixture 4 days ahead, so assembling is a breeze on busy mornings. Just toss some greens into a lunch container, top it with the salad, and ta-da! Lunch is ready to go.
What is in Chicken Salad with Greens?
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this chicken salad with greens for lunch:
- Chicken salad: use my homemade recipe or your favorite option from the deli.
- Mixed greens: arugula, salad mix, Romaine, or good ole chopped lettuce.
- Grape tomatoes: a kid-favorite add-on.
- Snacks: add crackers, fruit, additional veggies, or whatever snacky things you have on hand.
Need a little more inspiration for packing healthy and tasty school lunches? I’ve got just what you need:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Chicken Salad with Greens for Lunch
The goal of packing this lunch is to keep the greens and chicken salad fresh, which is easy to do with a compartmentalized lunch container and ice pack. The rest is a breeze.
Prepare the chicken salad recipe, and chop the lettuce if using Iceberg or Romaine.
- Pack it smart
Add the lettuce to a lunch container and top it with a serving of chicken salad and grape tomatoes. Pack the chips into a separate compartment to keep them dry.
- Prepare for transport
Place the container in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack.
You can also watch how this chicken salad lunch idea and 4 others are made in the recipe video below, it’s multi-tasking at its finest!
Creamy Chicken Salad with Greens
- 2 cups mixed greens or chopped lettuce
- 1 scoop of Southern Chicken Salad
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 serving banana chips or crackers
- ½ cup carrot chips
- Wash and chop the lettuce if using.
- Place the salad greens or lettuce into a lunch container and top with 1 scoop of chicken salad and grape tomatoes. Add the banana chips and carrots to the empty compartments and close the container.
- Pack the lunch box into a lunch bag with an ice pack.