August 16, 2016
These mini quinoa pizza bites make a fun and gluten-free school lunch your kids will be happy to eat!
It’s so much easier to get my kids to try new foods when it’s bite-size. They love everything mini, and who can blame them?
For this recipe, I took full advantage of my kid’s love for pizza and all things bite-sized to introduce another healthy food into their diet: quinoa. These bites include their favorite pizza toppings plus quinoa, an excellent protein source, for an easy and gluten-free school lunch idea.
Wish you could have great-tasting lunches like this every week? Grab a copy of the 101 Packed Lunches eBook!
It’s filled with fresh and healthy lunches both kids and adults will enjoy.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Make Quinoa Pizza Bites
This recipe only calls for one cup of quinoa, making it a perfect solution for any leftovers from a previous meal. The toppings are entirely up to you, my family seems to like classic pepperoni, diced bell peppers, and black olives the most.
Preheat the oven and lightly grease a 24-count mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, cheese, toppings, tomatoes, egg, and seasonings.
Scoop the quinoa mixture into each mini muffin cup, filling to the top.
- Bake Until Golden Brown
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and serving with marinara sauce.
How to Pack Quinoa Bites for Lunch
Make them at the beginning of the week for an easy lunch meal prep. One batch yields 24 bites, and they can be frozen into individual servings and reheated in the microwave as needed.
These can be served hot or at room temperature. If you’d like to pack them warm, reheat them in a microwave and place them in a thermos container. Otherwise, grab your lunch container and pack them with sliced fruit and veggies.
More Lunch Ideas with Quinoa
Looking for more delicious recipes with quinoa that kids will want to eat? The recipe below have you covered and can be packed for an easy lunch.
Mini Quinoa Pizza Bites | MOMables
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite pizza toppings, chopped (pepperoni, olives, peppers, onions, spinach, ham, etc.)
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pizza sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 24-count mini muffin pan with cooking spray (or make 2 batches in a 12-count pan).
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except pizza sauce. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Scoop mixture into each mini muffin cup; fill to the top of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Pack pizza sauce in a separate container in a lunch box for dipping.