September 12, 2018
Guacamole is perfect as an appetizer, snack, or any occasion, even for lunch! Yup, and this Tex Mex Bento idea that helps you build a fresh and healthy lunch with guacamole!
Guacamole Bistro Box
You might think of guacamole as the favorite dip at parties or an appetizer served at a Mexican restaurant. I’m here to tell you that it’s also a great option to build a healthy school lunch!
We all know that guacamole is good for you because it’s made with avocados. It’s full of healthy fats, fiber, and minerals such as potassium from the avocado, which are all reasons why guacamole is a perfect item to pack for the lunchbox!
This Tex Mex Bento is built with guacamole, chips, cheese, black olives, and fresh veggies. It’s practically party food for lunch and they are super quick to assemble making them a great option for fast meal prep.
If you want to make this bento even more nutritious swap the chips for whole grain crackers, pita chips, or my personal favorite, plantain chips -yum!! Get more bistro box inspiration here.
You can also get virtually endless lunch ideas for school and the office when you download a copy of my 101 lunches ebook! Grab it below!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Lunch Ideas with Guacamole
But let’s not stop there! There are so many other ways to incorporate guacamole into a healthy and yummy lunch. Check out these great ideas below:
- Spicy Guacamole
- 7 layer Mexican dip cups
- Guacamole deviled eggs
- As a spread on sweet potato toast
- On top of a burrito bowl
- On snack crackers
- Use it instead of mayonnaise in avocado egg salad
- On top a bowl of Chicken Enchilada Soup
You can make any of these lunches with store-bought or homemade guacamole. If you want to make your own then check out my Easy Guacamole recipe, it’s a quick recipe made with only two ingredients.
Use it to make this bento, for your next taco night or enjoy it by the spoonful, there’s really no wrong way.
Chips & Guacamole Bento with Veggies
- 2 ounces guacamole, or single serve guac
- 1 serving whole grain chips, your favorite
- 1 cup fresh veggies, washed and sliced
- 1 ounce cheese cubes, optional
- Fill a small lidded dip container with guacamole or pack a single-serve guac inside the main compartment of the bento box.
- Place your favorite tortilla chips around the guacamole, in this compartment. The idea is to keep all dry ingredients here so the chips don't get soggy.
- Wash and slice fresh veggies –like bell peppers or cherry tomatoes- an place them in another compartment of the lunchbox.
- Place any other ingredients, like cheese cubes or black olives (shown) in a separate compartment or inside a lidded container.
- Close the lid to the bento box and refrigerate until ready to pack inside a lunch bag. This lunch can be assembled the night before.