Check how to make this tasty wrap with simple staples and pack it in the lunchbox to stay fresh and not fall apart!
Ham Wrap with Avocado
This Ham and Avocado Wrap is a balanced meal that tastes amazing and provides protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals inside a tortilla! Mom´s favorite part: you can assemble it in 5 minutes with basic ingredients you already have!
The avocado keeps the wrap moist and takes the place of mayonnaise for the ultimate creamy and wholesome school lunch. No avocado on hand? Swap it for guacamole!
Greens are another great addition to increase nutrition and make the wrap more filling for hungry teen bellies. I use spinach, but you can include green lettuce or field greens. Add your favorite deli ham and this terrific lunch is ready to pack!
What is in Ham and Avocado Lunch Wrap
Fill this epic no-cook wrap lunch with a few tasty ingredients, and you’ll get a terrific meal for the school lunchbox!
This wrap includes:
- Avocado: a creamy layer packed with nutrition. Guacamole also works!
- Large tortilla: the base any wrap needs! Use regular, gluten-free, or these delicious spinach tortillas.
- Spinach: you can use lettuce leaves or field greens instead.
- Deli ham: any sliced deli ham adds protein and flavor to this lunch.
- Fruit & veggies: add your favorites for extra nutrition.
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to pack Ham and Avocado Wrap for Lunch
Keeping this Ham and Avocado Wrap fresh until lunchtime is possible if you assemble every layer in the right order.
- Mash the avocado
In a small bowl, mash the avocado. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add the layers
Spread the mashed avocado over the tortilla and top it with fresh spinach. Lay the ham slices over the top holding down the spinach leaves.
- Make the wrap
Fold the sides in and roll the tortilla tightly into a wrap before cutting it in half.
- Pack it for lunch
Place the wrap in a lunch container and pack fruit and veggies along with it if desired.
Refrigerate until ready to place inside a lunch bag, along with an ice pack if necessary.
Tips for packing wraps for lunch like a pro
Pack a perfect wrap for school lunch every time by following these simple tips:
Slow down avocado from turning brown
While the avocado will turn brown, you can also wait to slice this wrap in half until you’re ready to eat it or keep it wrapped like a burrito.
Feel free to swap
You can customize this ham wrap to what you have on hand: swap avocado for guacamole, and spinach for other greens. Use your favorite tortilla and any deli ham you like!
Pack veggies and fruits
Although this wrap has a nice share of veggies, there´s always a way to add more! Pack this wrap with vegetables and fruits, like cherry tomatoes, cucumber, snap peas, carrots, berries, tangerine segments, etc. Place them in a separate lunchbox compartment so everything stays intact!
Ham and Avocado Lunch Wrap
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- 1 large flour tortilla
- Handful fresh spinach
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the tortilla and top it with fresh spinach. Lay the ham slices over the top holding down the spinach leaves.
- Fold the sides in and roll the tortilla tightly into a wrap before cutting it in half.
- Place the wrap in a lunch container and pack fruit and veggies along with it if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to place inside a lunch bag, along with an ice pack if necessary.