July 25, 2022
Pepperoni isn’t just for pizza; it also makes great lunches like this Turkey Pepperoni Sandwich!
This is an easy, 5-minute lunch idea that tastes out of this world. Today, I’m going to show you how to pack this stacked sandwich with other ingredients like fruit and veggies, so the bread stays fresh until lunchtime.
Pepperoni & Turkey Sandwich
You better believe this sandwich is a tasty option for lunch! Everything about the classic turkey option gets an upgrade with pepperoni and fresh ingredients like tomato and lettuce.
Sandwich filling ideas can go way beyond plain deli meat and cheese, even in the kid’s lunchbox. You could make this with regular or turkey pepperoni and add more layers like cheese, black olives, and onion.
Want to bring this lunch over the top? Try grilling it like my Grilled Pepperoni Pizza Sandwich. Just make sure it cools down before packing it into a lunch container. This way, the bread stays nice and toasty.
What is in a Turkey Pepperoni Sandwich
Below I’ll share the exact ingredients you’ll need to assemble the pepperoni sandwich, as well as some ideas to fill up the rest lunchbox.
- bread: sandwich bread of your choice.
- mayo: is a favorite sandwich condiment, but hummus makes a great swap if your kids don’t love mayonnaise.
- pepperoni: you can use the extra large slices or regular.
- deli turkey: a yummy combination with pepperoni.
- more sandwich fillings: lettuce and tomato add a nice texture.
- something fresh: this lunch includes mixed berries and veggies with ranch dip.
- choose your treat: could be animal crackers, protein bites, fruit leather, etc.
- crink pack: your kids’ choice or a thermos container filled with water.
How to Pack a Turkey Pepperoni Sandwich for Lunch
Now, I’ll show you how to pack this sandwich in a lunchbox so everything stays in its place.
- Layer the sandwich
Spread the mayo over each slice of bread and top one slice with lettuce, deli turkey, tomato, pepperoni, and another piece of lettuce. Placing a large lettuce leaf between the bread and fillings will help keep the sandwich fresh.
- Separate the dry ingredients
To keep the bread dry, place the sandwich in a lunch container, making sure it is separate from any wet ingredients. A compartmentalized lunch container is great for this.
- Add the snacks
Pack the fruit and veggies into a separate compartment and place the animal crackers (or your choice of treat) into the remaining compartment. Store the dipping sauce in a mini sauce container.
- Pack it up
Close the lunch container and place it in a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Avoid soggy sandwiches with the tips in this quick lunch packing video
Don’t you love it when the best-tasting lunches are also made with simple ingredients? I sure do, and I’ve compiled some of my very favorite ideas in a guide just for you.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Turkey Pepperoni Sandwich Lunchbox
- 1 tablespoon mayo and hummus
- 2 slices bread
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 2 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 2 large slices pepperoni, or 4 medium
- ½ tomato, sliced
- 1 cup mixed berries or sliced fruit
- ½ cup carrot chips
- Snack of choice
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Drink pack
- Spread the mayonnaise over each slice of bread. Place a piece of lettuce onto one slice and top it with the turkey, pepperoni, tomato, and the remaining lettuce and bread.
- Cut the sandwich in half and pack it into a compartmentalized lunch container. Fill the rest of the compartments with the veggies, fruit, and your choice of treat.
- Close the lunchbox and fill a mini sauce container with the ranch dressing.
- Pack both containers and the drink pack in a lunch bag with an ice pack.