Get access to a FREE week of school lunch menus
How often do you eat an entire bag of those greasy potato chips and feel a tad guilty afterwards?
I love salty chips. I could eat an entire bag in one sitting.
Is that good for me? No way. So I’m always looking for healthier options to curb my cravings.
Just like MOMables is always looking for healthier ways to help you pack lunch fast & fresh! With the meal plan you get a shopping list, a step by step recipe for each day of the week and even pictures to give you an idea of what the end result should look like!
Making homemade potato chips is so simple and a it’s a delicious way to help fight those “snack attacks.” All you need are three ingredients!
A couple things to note:
Make sure you’re using a mandolin or slicer on your food processor (if adjustable – like mine) to the thinnest setting. You want a consistent slice thickness.
After slicing, make sure you pat the slices dry with paper towels to help remove any excess moisture. This is also crucial to them baking correctly and evenly.
Store them in an air-tight container for about 3-4 days, if you have any left. ;)
- 1 Large Russet Baking Potato
- Olive Oil Spray or Cooking Spray
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a mandolin, or slicer, THINLY slice the potato.
- Use a paper towel to dry off excess moisture from the slices - this is crucial to help them bake evenly & crisp up.
- Spray the parchment covered baking sheet with your olive oil spray or cooking spray.
- Evenly spread out the potato slices in a single layer then spray the tops, as well.
- Bake them for 18-20 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown.
- It is recommended to flip the slices around 11-12 minutes.
- Once you get close to 18 minutes, keep an eye on them as they will brown and crisp up QUICKLY.
- Some slices may cook faster than others - remove those slices, if that happens to a few.
- Once they reach your liking, remove baking sheet from the oven and evenly sprinkle with sea salt.