There’s no better way to pack breakfast for lunch than these strawberry pancake sandwiches!
It’s a kid-favorite lunch idea you can make in less than 5 minutes, and it packs really well in the lunchbox.
Strawberries & Cream Pancake Sandwich
If pancakes are a staple breakfast in your house, pancake sandwiches are a clever way to use leftovers and change up the usual turkey and cheese option. Plus, your kids will love the combination of fresh berries and cream between two fluffy pancakes.
Of course, you can also assemble these with different spreads like peanut butter and Nutella and include other fruits like sliced peaches, bananas, and blueberries. It’s such a fun lunch to make and eat.
I do recommend using standard 4 to 5-inch pancakes so the sandwich will fit in a lunch container. You can get that with my homemade pancake recipe or frozen ones from the grocery store.
What is in This Lunchbox
Let’s check out what you need to build a perfect pancake sandwich:
- pancakes: these can be plain, blueberry, chocolate chip- whatever you please.
- whipped cream cheese: easy to spread over the pancakes.
- fruit: this sandwich has strawberries, I recommend using fresh and not frozen ones.
- snacks: fill out the rest of the lunch with your favorite snacks and sides.
Recipes like this are proof you can pack epic lunches with the simplest ingredients, and I’ve got a hundred more ways to prove it right here:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Pancake Sandwiches for Lunch
Grab those ingredients, and let’s make a pancake sandwich for lunch!
Give the pancakes a quick warm-up in the toaster. This will make them a little sturdier and taste better.
Spread the cream cheese over each pancake, top one with the sliced berries, and assemble the sammich’. Slice in half if desired.
- Keep the pancake fresh
Place the pancake sandwich into a lunch container, packing it in its own compartment, so it doesn’t absorb moisture from other ingredients.
- Prepare for transport
Add the rest of the snacks to the empty compartments and close the container. Pack the lunchbox into a lunch bag with an ice pack, and send it off!
Looking for a compartmentalized lunch container so you can pack easy lunches like this one? Check out my favorite options here!Print
Strawberries & Cream Pancake Sandwiches
Try these pancake sandwiches for a fun and delicious lunch idea with strawberries and cream flavor!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- 2 4-inch round pancakes
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 large strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- ½ cup trail mix, any kind
- Toast the pancakes in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Spread the cream cheese onto both pancakes. Top one with sliced fruit and the remaining pancake.
- Cut the pancake sandwich in half and place it into a lunch container.
- Add the fruit and trail mix to the empty compartments and top with a lid.
- Pack the container in a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Nutritional information is calculated without the orange and trail mix.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 11.4 g
- Sodium: 524.2 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 35.5 mg
Leave a Reply