Let’s make these peanut butter & jelly roll-ups for a fun spin on the classic sandwich.
All it takes is simple and fresh ingredients to create this colorful lunch that your kids will be excited to open up.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Roll-Ups Lunchbox
If your kids could eat PB & J every day, why not switch it up for these peanut butter & jelly roll-ups? It’s a fun idea and made with the same ingredients, just packed in a different way.
I like to serve this lunch with Greek yogurt for additional protein and my homemade fruit leather, but you could exchange those snacks for other healthy options like hard-boiled eggs, deli turkey, or a few energy bites.
What is in Peanut Butter & Jelly Roll-Ups
This peanut butter & jelly roll-up lunchbox is made with a variety of simple and fresh ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Bread: white or whole wheat works great!
- Peanut butter: or use a nut-free peanut butter substitute.
- Jelly: strawberry, raspberry, apple- any flavor you like!
- Yogurt: vanilla Greek yogurt is a great source of protein.
- Snacks: this lunch is packed with fruit leather and mixed berries, but swap them out for whatever you have on hand.
Packing delicious lunches every day is possible when you have the right right ideas. Grab 100+ of them right below:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to pack Peanut Butter & Jelly Roll-Ups for Lunch
Gather your ingredients and let’s make these roll-ups happen:
- Prep the bread
Remove the crusts from the bread and flatten each slice with a rolling pin or large glass.
- Roll it up
Spread the peanut butter and jelly onto the bread slices and roll them tightly. Cut each roll into 1-inch rounds.
Place the PB & J roll-ups into a compartmentalized lunch container. Add the yogurt, berries, and fruit leather to the empty compartments. *if needed, pack the yogurt in a thermos container to ensure it stays cool and doesn’t spill into the roll-ups.
- Prepare for Transport
Place the lunch and thermos container into a lunch bag with an icepack, or refrigerate overnight.
More Kid-Favorite Sandwich Ideas
Sandwiches are a no-brainer for easy lunches, and kids never seem to get tired of them. Recipes like this and the ones below are a great way to keep it fun and add variety:
Easy Peanut Butter & Jelly Roll-Ups
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jelly
- ½ cup mixed berries
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Fruit Leather
- Use a knife to remove the crusts from the bread. Flatten each slice with a rolling pin or large glass.
- Spread the peanut butter and jelly over the slices and roll tightly. Cut each roll into 1-inch rounds and pack them into the lunch container.
- Add the yogurt, berries, and fruit roll-ups to the empty compartments. *If needed, pack the yogurt into a thermos container.
- Place the lunchbox (and thermos) into a lunch bag with an ice pack, or refrigerate everything overnight.