July 5, 2022
If your kids enjoy snacking on peanut butter and apples, they’re going to love this peanut butter apple sandwich.
It’s a healthy lunch you can assemble with simple ingredients in less than 5 minutes. Ready to make one?
Crunchy Peanut Butter Apple Sandwich
Every bite of this peanut butter apple sandwich has that sweet-salty combo we love with added crunch from the apple. It’s a delicious switch from the usual PB & J, and just as easy to make.
This is one of those 5-minute lunch ideas that adds variety to your kid’s diet and makes them excited to eat fresh, real food. Want to add more protein to the lunch? Pack it with a couple of hard-boiled eggs or rolled deli meat and you’re good to go.
What is in a Peanut Butter Crunch Sandwich
Grab these ingredients from the pantry and let’s make lunch!
- Bread: whole grain or your favorite sandwich bread.
- Peanut butter: creamy or crunchy- it’s up to you! *Check out one of my peanut butter alternatives if your child attends a peanut-free school.
- Apple: tart apples like Granny Smith, Pink Lady, and Honey Crisp work great.
- Honey: just a drizzle!
- Snacks! this lunch is packed with the remaining sliced apple, berries, and sugar snap peas.
On the lookout for kid-approved lunch ideas made with healthy ingredients? You’ll find them here:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Peanut Butter Apple Sandwich for Lunch
Time to pack this peanut butter sandwich for lunch and keep it fresh for hours, here’s what to do:
Wash the berries and apple and thinly slice the apple.
- Assemble the sandwich
Place the bread onto a flat surface and spread the peanut butter onto both slices. Top with sliced apple, a drizzle of honey, and the remaining slice of bread.
- Prepare for shipment
Pack the sandwich into a lunch container with compartments making sure to keep it separate from the fruit and veggies. Top with the lid and tuck the lunch away in a lunch bag.
Watch how to assemble this recipe fast in the video below:
Easy Peanut Butter Apple Sandwich
- 1 ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ Honey-Crisp or Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- Remaining apple, sliced
- Fresh mixed berries
- Sugar snap peas
- Wash the berries and slice the apple into thin slices.
- Spread the peanut butter onto both slices of bread. Top one half with the apple, drizzle with honey and assemble the sandwich.
- Pack the sandwich into a lunch container, keeping it separate from the berries and sugar snap peas.