You have got to check out this epic lunch made with… taco night leftovers?! Yup, that’s right! This grilled cheese is everything you love in a taco, hugged between two slices of melted cheese and buttery, toasted bread
If taco night is a way of life in your household, then you most likely have the same question as I do, “what should I do with those last few leftovers?”
Rest assured that I never run out of ideas when it comes to reinventing leftovers. And you know what? That’s one thing our Classic Meal Plan members also love. Their meal plans make sure that no food goes to waste at the end of the week.
And this week, we are revamping the classic All-American Taco ingredients into a cheesy, gooey, grilled cheese sandwich! It doesn’t get any better than that, I tell you.
If grilled a grilled cheese sandwich wasn’t good enough already, now we add all the favorite taco fillings to it, and what you get is one incredible meal.
Wait, what? This is packed for lunch? Of course! If you didn’t know you could grill a sandwich and pack it in a lunchbox, here is how it’s done -this works for all grilled sandwiches.
As you can see, making one meal where leftovers never go to waste is part of our meal plan game plan! Where you’ll find five incredible recipes, a completed shopping list, and a meal-prep guide for the week to help you save lots of time in the kitchen.
Of course, this grilled cheese is great for lunch or freshly made for dinner. Add some guacamole on the side and boom! Your taste buds will thank you.
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices thick bread, such as Italian or rustic bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, for grilling
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons cooked leftover taco-seasoned beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh salsa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Lay the bread on a flat surface. Spread butter over each slice, flip and place 1 slice of cheese onto each slice of bread. Top 2 slices of bread with beef, salsa, avocado, olives, sour cream, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Close sandwiches, making sure the cheese is against the bread on both sides.
- In a non-stick pan or griddle, over medium-high heat, place the sandwiches and grill for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s golden and the cheese has begun to melt. Flip and grill on the other side for an additional minute or 2 until it’s golden, crispy, and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. If packing in a lunchbox, all the sandwich to cool down to room temperature before slicing and packing in a lunch container.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 688
- Fat: 39g
- Carbohydrates: 44.4g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Protein: 30.7g