Give your lunch a delicious upgrade with this turkey club sandwich!
It’s stacked with fresh ingredients and grilled to perfection. Today, I’m sharing my packing secrets so you know how to keep a grilled sandwich fresh until lunchtime comes around.
Grilled Turkey Sandwich for Lunch
There’s something about this grilled turkey sandwich that knocks it out of the park! The grilling step gives the bread a delicious toasty flavor and instead of just plain turkey, we add crisp lettuce and a slice of tomato- it’s a keeper.
This lunch also includes your choice of fresh veggies and berries, so it’s a balanced meal that will keep the kids satiated for hours.
A tip for keeping the bread crispy is to allow the sandwich cool down before packing it into the lunch container; which I’ll show you how to do in the video below:
What is in the Turkey Club Sandwich Lunchbox
Let’s take a look at what you’ll need to assemble the turkey club sandwich lunchbox:
- Bread: use any hearty sandwich bread.
- Mayonnaise: is a favorite sandwich condiment, but hummus makes a great alternative.
- Lettuce: adds crisp texture and helps the sandwich stay fresh.
- Deli turkey: any of your favorite sliced deli turkey or meat.
- Tomato: brings fresh flavor to every bite.
- Butter: for grilling.
- Snacks: pack it with blueberries and carrots or your favorite options.
If your kids like yummy sandwich fillings such as sliced avocado, cucumber, or pickles, this is the recipe to use them in! However, I recommend placing a large lettuce leaf between the bread and sandwich fillings to keep the bread dry.
Who loves it when the easiest lunch idea also tastes the best? I know I do, so I compiled all my favorite recipes into a guide for you!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack a Turkey Club Sandwich Lunchbox
Now for the fun part! Follow the packing steps below to make this lunch idea your own.
- Assemble the sandwich
Spread the mayonnaise over the bread, and top one slice with lettuce, deli turkey, tomato, additional sandwich fillings, another piece of lettuce, and the remaining slice of bread.
- Grill it
Butter both sides of the sandwich, then grill it in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Flip and grill for another 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden and crispy.
- Let it cool
Remove the sandwich from heat and allow it to cool down to room temperature. Don’t skip this step if you are packing this lunch for later!
- Prepare for transport
Slice the sandwich in half and pack it into a compartmentalized lunch container. Add the fruit and veggies to the empty compartments, close the container, and pack it into the lunch bag.
Is turkey a favorite lunch ingredient for your kids? Check out 4 more turkey lunches you can easily assemble here.Print
Turkey Club Sandwich
This turkey club is an extra-tasty grilled sandwich packed with fresh ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- 2 slices bread
- ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 2–4 ounces deli turkey
- 2 thin slices of tomato
- Butter, for grilling
- ½ cup carrot chips
- ½ cup blueberries
- Spread the mayonnaise over each slice of bread. Place a piece of lettuce onto one slice and top it with the turkey, tomatoes, and the remaining lettuce and bread. Butter both sides.
- In a medium non-stick pan, grill the sandwich for 2 minutes before flipping and grilling an additional 2-3 minutes, or until both sides are golden and crisp.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan, and allow it to cool down to room temperature before cutting it in half.
- Place it into a lunch container with the fruit and veggies, making sure to pack everything in separate compartments, so the bread stays toasty.
- Close the lunchbox and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 18.3 g
- Sodium: 823.7 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.8 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
- Cholesterol: 38.1 mg
Leave a Reply