Need a fun breakfast idea to get your kids fueled up for their day? Your kids are going to LOVE this idea!
I’ve had to get creative coming up with new fun breakfast ideas for my daughter that are gluten-free and safe for her nut allergy. I was thrilled when Laura, the Chief Mom, shared this Piggy Breakfast Tostadas recipe idea with me!
Breakfast can seem monotonous, and I’ll admit it, I get bored making and serving the same things over and over. My daughter can be a picky eater, especially if she’s grouchy and not happy to have been woken up in the morning!
That’s why I love these Piggy Breakfast Tostadas. They’re simple to make; it’s just all about the presentation. They had her rolling with laughter when she saw the piggy face sitting in front of her at the table. Which lead to lots of oinking and belly laughs while enjoying a nice breakfast together. Nothing better!
By using a white corn tortilla to make my tostada, I was able to keep hers gluten-free. You can opt to sub the cheese for nondairy or omit it, depending on your dietary restrictions.
You already WOW them at lunch time with your MOMables Menu Plans, now you can WOW them at breakfast with these fun Piggy Tostadas!
Piggy Breakfast Tostadas
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons oil or cooking spray
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 deli ham slices + extra for “ears”
- 2 slices tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the tostadas by toasting the tortillas. Brush them with the oil, and bake for 10 minutes, or toast them in a toaster oven.
- Coat a small pan with cooking spray, and heat on the stovetop. Cook the eggs, and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the tostadas on serving plates. Top each with the eggs, then the cheese.
- Place the ham slices over the top. Cut additional ham into triangle shapes, and fold over for ears.
- Use an oval tomato slice for the nose, and then use the mustard to draw the eyes and mouth.
- Serving Size: 2