If you’re family is looking to eat less meat, then these vegetarian lunch ideas are a great place to start. The recipes are easy to prepare, portable, and loved by both kids and adults- they won’t even miss the usual turkey sandwich.
If you’re trying out more meatless meals with your family, try our 30-day meatless meal plan. It’s 4 weeks of delicious kid-approved recipes with done-for-you shopping lists and detailed meal prep. Take a peek inside the meatless meal plan here.
Vegetarian Lunch Recipes for School
As with any of the lunch recipes you’ll find on this blog, vegetarian lunch ideas need to be:
- easy to make
- delicious- of course!
And just because these recipes are vegetarian doesn’t mean they skimp on the protein. Ingredients like hummus, cheese, legumes, and beans are all great sources of protein as well as other nutrients such as fiber, healthy fats, and calcium.
Grab more lunch ideas in my latest ebook below!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Vegetarian Lunch Ideas
These school lunches ideas are perfect for vegetarian families or even those who want to go meatless every now and then. They are lunches packed with veggies, fiber, and alternative sources of protein to keep you feeling satiated all day!
Did I mention how delicious these recipes are? Your kids will love them. It’s always fun for them to open up their lunchbox and find a delicious meal!
Lunch can be one of the hardest things to plan for, unlike dinner, there is only so much you can do since most lunches are eaten outside of the home. Most people want something that can be quickly assembled and is both healthy and satisfying. Not only do these recipes meet those high standards but they’re also 100% vegetarian approved!
Vegetarian Snacks for School
If your kids are involved in afterschool programs it’s likely they’ll need extra fuel to keep them going. These snacks are perfectly portable and kid-favorites that you can make ahead of keep in the refrigerator all week long.
- Chocolate Bites
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Snack Bars
- Hummus with veggies
- Banana Chips
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip
We hope you enjoyed our round-up of vegetarian school lunch ideas. Check out our other lunch ideas for easy packing!
8 Vegetarian School Lunch Ideas
Black Bean Taco Cups
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 1 can refried black beans, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup pico de gallo, or salsa
- Sour cream, for topping
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease 2 muffin tins with cooking spray. Line each cup with 2 wonton wrappers and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Transfer the muffin tins to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the wonton wrappers are golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, warm the beans.
- Remove the taco cups from the oven and fill each with warmed black beans, cheese, pico de gallo/salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and green onions.