This buffalo chicken quesadilla is the kind of lunch idea that will make your teen’s day! It’s the #1 way to use up those last few tortillas, shredded cheese, and chicken!
Keep reading, and I’ll show you how to assemble and pack this cheesy quesadilla into the lunchbox so the tortilla stays toasty and crisp.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
Sometimes packing leftovers for lunch can be just as delicious as the meal the night before; in this case, we’re talking about my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Tacos.
Instead of repurposing them as tacos, I like to grill the shredded Buffalo chicken mixture into this cheesy quesadilla- it’s quite a hit with teens and easy to pack for lunch.
Of course, you could use this quesadilla idea with any kind of leftovers- chicken, pork, beef, beans, and even deli-cuts. Just cut the meat into smaller pieces, add cheese, and voila!
Love how simple and delicious this lunch idea is. You’ll find a lot more like it right here:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
What is in a Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
Here’s what you’ll need to make these quesadillas happen:
- Flour tortillas: more pliable.
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken: or toss ½ cup shredded chicken with 2 tablespoons of your favorite sauce.
- Shredded Cheddar cheese: makes everything tastes better!
- Blue cheese: optional, but does compliment the Buffalo sauce flavor
- Ranch dressing: makes a great dip for the quesadilla.
- Snacks: fresh fruit and veggies to balance out the lunch.
Related: More Lunch Ideas for Teens
How to Pack a Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla for Lunch
Want to pack this buffalo chicken quesadilla in the lunch box so it tastes just as delicious hours later? I’ll show you how to do just that right below.
Top a tortilla with the chicken, cheese, and remaining tortilla. Grill it in a greased non-stick pan over medium-high heat until the cheese is melted.
- Keep it toasty
Allow the quesadilla to cool down to room temperature before cutting it into 3 triangles. This prevents steam from building up in the lunch container, which makes the tortilla soggy.
- Pack it up
To keep the quesadilla crispy, pack it into a compartmentalized lunch container, keeping it separate from the fruit and veggies.
- Don’t forget the sauce
Fill a mini sauce container with the Ranch dressing and pack it into a lunch bag with the lunch container and an ice pack.
You can also watch this short video to see how easy these are to make!
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Lunchbox
Grab some tortillas, and let me show you how to assemble and pack these buffalo chicken quesadillas for an incredible lunch!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 1 lunch
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Skillet
- ½ cup shredded Buffalo Chicken
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
- Butter, for grilling
- 1 tablespoon Ranch, for dipping
- Top 1 tortilla with buffalo chicken, shredded cheese, and blue cheese. Assemble the quesadilla.
- In a non-stick pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Grill the quesadilla for 3 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt, flip and grill for another 3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove the quesadilla from heat, and allow it to cool down to room temperature before cutting into 3 triangles and packing it into a lunch container.
- Add the fruit and veggies into separate compartments to keep the tortilla from soaking up any moisture.
- Fill a mini sauce container with the Ranch dressing and pack everything into an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack.
The nutrition facts are calculated without fruit and veggies.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 640
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 1290.6 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.7 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 36.9 g
- Cholesterol: 118.9 mg
Leave a Reply