July 21, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What’s better than waffles for breakfast? Mini strawberry waffle sandwiches for lunch!
Pack these, and your kids are sure to come home with empty lunchboxes. All you need are some waffles, fruit, and your favorite spread. Let’s get to it.
If you’ve got breakfast-loving kids, these mini waffle sandwiches were made just for them! Not only are they super cute, but they’re easy to assemble and pack into a lunchbox with a variety of other snacks.
You could go with the berries and cream combo for this recipe or swap out the whipped cream cheese for peanut butter or even Nutella. You just need a “sticky” spread to help the mini sandwiches hold together.
Packing a kid-favorite lunch that’s good for them is easy when you have the right ideas! Need more? Grab them ALL!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
What is Packed in This Lunchbox with Mini Wafflewiches
You’ll find everything you need to assemble these mini waffle sandwiches along with some other snacks to make it a balanced lunch:
- mini waffles: super cute to eat, but use regular waffles if that’s what you have.
- whipped cream cheese: easy to spread and won’t make the waffles soggy.
- strawberries: use fresh and not frozen berries. And in a pinch, a tablespoon of strawberry jam works too!
- healthy fats: this lunch includes raw almonds.
- snacks: could be fruit, a cup of yogurt, hard-boiled eggs- whatever you have available.
If you love this breakfast-for-lunch idea and want to try more, the pancake sandwich is a perfect option and one you can make with fluffy homemade pancakes!
How to Pack Mini Waffle Sandwiches for Lunch
To keep these mini waffle sandwiches intact in the lunchbox, here’s what you’ll do:
Toast the mini waffles and spread whipped cream cheese onto each one. The cream cheese will help them hold together. Top 4 waffles with the sliced strawberries and remaining waffles.
- Make them cozy
Tuck the mini waffle sandwiches into your lunch container, making sure they are close together so they don’t fall apart during transport.
- Fill it up
Add the rest of the snacks to the empty compartments, top with a lid, and pack the container into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
I love using compartmentalized containers for packing school lunches. If you’d love to have a couple at home, check out my favorite options here.
Mini Waffle Sandwiches with Strawberries for the Lunchbox
- 8 mini waffles
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 cup mixed berries or sliced fruit
- Toast the waffles in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Spread the whipped cream cheese over each waffle, and top 4 with the strawberry slices and remaining waffles. Place the sandwiches into a lunch container.
- Add the fruit and nuts to the empty containers and top with a lid. Pack the container in a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Leave a Reply