Looking for nut-free snacks to pack inside the lunchbox or bring to school? These tasty snack ideas go great with all of our nut-free lunches and work like a charm if your child is in a nut-free classroom.
These nut-free snacks are perfect to send in your child’s lunchbox for snack time during the school day. In charge of the whole class’ snacks? These snack recipes are great for that, too! All the kids will devour these delicious snacks, and no one will have to worry about their nut allergies.
1. Banana Chocolate Nut-Free Granola Bars
These nutless granola bars can be made into squares, bars (or another shape your child loves). Made with chocolate chips and sweetened with bananas, these bars are always a winner in lunchboxes.
2. Apple Muffins
These baked apple fritter muffins can be made for an easy breakfast, but they’re also great to send with your kid for snack time at school. There’s also a gluten-free option if your child is nut- and gluten-free!
3. Wheat Thins
Everyone loves the delicious crunch of crackers. These homemade wheat thins are a healthier version of the store bought ones. They’d go perfectly with hummus, ranch, or seed butter!
4. Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
Never buy the boxed fruit roll-ups again! Do those things even contain real fruit?? Who knows. This strawberry fruit leather requires just 2 ingredients and makes the perfect clean snack.
5. Chocolate Coconut Granola
Throw a few handfuls of this delicious chocolate granola into your kid’s lunch box for snack time and he will definitely eat it all! Make sure to use seeds instead of nuts in the recipe, or you can leave them out entirely. Either way, this granola will definitely be a hit at snack time.
6. Homemade Cheese Crackers (Regular and Gluten-Free)
7. Banana Chips
Use up your over ripe bananas in this easy banana chip recipe! Kids love the natural sweetness and they make the perfect addition to any lunchbox.
What are your favorite nut-free snacks? Share below and get your snacktime started by printing the recipe below for homemade Doritos.
Nut Free Snacks for the Classroom
Homemade Doritos + other nut free school snacks.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 9 chips 1x
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: snacks
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 6 tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tortillas onto the baking sheet and brush oil on both sides. Stack the tortillas and cut 3 ways making 6 triangles.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the Parmesan, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt, stir to combine. Toss the sliced tortillas into the spice mix, making sure each piece gets evenly coated and lay them in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool before serving or packing into lunch containers.
- Serving Size: 9 chips
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 421.4mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 4.5mg
Keywords: nut free snacks, peanut free snacks, school snack ideas