These Chocolate Valentine’s Day Pretzels are a fun craft idea and come together quickly with only 3 ingredients.
Check out how easy these are to assemble in the video below:
The combination of sweet chocolate and salted pretzels is one combination that’s hard to resist. It’s the perfect use for all of those conversation hearts our kids are bombarded with around Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Pretzel Hearts Ingredients
Three ingredients are all you need to pull off these crafty Valentine’s Day treats:
- Mini pretzel twists
- White chocolate chips
- Conversation hearts
You can also use regular chocolate chips, whichever your kids will prefer.
How to Make Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzels
Making these chocolate pretzel hearts is super easy and a terrific Valentine’s day activity to do with your kids. They can make them start to finish, with very little supervision on your part. You’ll probably need to melt the chocolate and bag it, but from there, you can sit back and watch.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly space the pretzels on the baking sheet.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips. Transfer melted chocolate to a zip bag, cutting a small hole in the tip of the bag.
Pipe a small amount of chocolate onto each pretzel. Add a conversation heart in the center and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Refrigerate the pretzels for 30 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container or bag into gift baggies for that class.
I hope you and your kids enjoy making these sweet treats!
Valentine’s Day Pretzel Hearts
- 48 mini pretzel twists
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 48 Valentine’s Day Conversation hearts
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and line up pretzels by making six rows or eight pretzels on the baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips, stirring to make sure they don’t burn every 30 seconds. Transfer melted white chocolate into a parchment bag or zip bag, cutting a small hole in the tip of the bag.
- Pipe melted white chocolate inside the pretzel to form a heart shape and immediately add a conversation heart in the middle. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Chill pretzels until set, about 30 minutes. Separate from parchment paper and store in a dry airtight container or bag as treats.