Sandwiches are a complete meal for kids and are so easy to pack! Two slices of bread, a few ingredients… and the lunch is ready with almost no effort at all!
When you don’t know what to put in the lunchbox, you can always make a sandwich stuffed with everything you love! And by using leftovers, you get a homemade, healthy, and budget-friendly lunch option!
Sandwiches for Kids
These sandwiches for kids have everything you need: quick to assemble, easy to pack, and made with fresh and real ingredients for a wholesome meal.
Wondering how to pack a sandwich for lunch without it getting soggy? Watch this quick video to learn all my tips in just 2 minutes!
Grilled Sandwiches for Kids
Melted cheese, toasty and buttery bread, and the best fillings ever! Kids will be eager to open their lunchboxes with these epic grilled sandwich ideas!
Crustless Sandwiches for Kids
If the little ones prefer crustless bread, then these tasty recipes are a fun way to enjoy lunch while eating a nutritious meal.
Get more lunchbox inspiration from my latest lunch book!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
25+ Sandwich Ideas for Kids
- 2 slices of sandwich bread
- 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons jelly, jam, or preserves
- Butter, for grilling
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Spread the peanut butter onto 1 slice of bread, followed by the jelly and the remaining slice of bread. If you are packing this in the lunchbox, make sure not to add too much jelly, or it will ooze out of the sandwich.
- Butter both sides of the sandwich and place it into the hot pan. Grill for 2 minutes before flipping and grilling for an additional 2 minutes or until the sandwich is golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the sandwich from heat and allow it to cool down to room temperature before packing it into a lunch container.