Are you finding yourself in a school lunch rut? We all want to pack healthy lunches for our kids, but sometimes we just don’t have any good recipes. These 8 healthy school lunch ideas will get your kids excited to eat lunch, and will make your life a lot easier when it comes to packing!
You can pack most of these ahead of time, making them perfect for families who meal prep. I personally love to prep my lunches on Sunday so that in the morning, all my kids have to do is grab the lunch box!
Related: Top 5 Lunchboxes We’ve Tested
Many of these are allergy-friendly, or can be easily made gluten-free by using gluten-free bread or wraps. I know your kids will love at least a few of these!
2. Spinach and Bacon Mini Quiches from Laura Fuentes
3. Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Alfredo
4. Paleo Chicken Salad Wraps from Bravo for Paleo
5. Pizza Pasta Salad from Laura Fuentes
6. No-Bake Fruit Pizzas from Two Healthy Kitchens
7. Hummus Veggie Club Sandwich from Laura Fuentes
Did you love these healthy school lunch ideas? Pin them for later!Print
Healthy School Lunch Ideas + Pizza Pasta Salad
Healthy school lunches kids will LOVE to find in their lunchbox each and every day!
- Category: lunches
- 12 ounce box pasta, cooked
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup borccoli florets, chopped
- 4 ounces nitrate free pepperoni slices, quartered
- ⅓ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Italian dressing (or olive oil + 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to box directions, drain, and rinse. Allow pasta to cool down to room temperature in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, chop all your ingredients and toss them into the bowl, waiting until the pasta is cooled to toss in the cheese (otherwise it will melt).
- Add in Italian dressing and toss to combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight. Store leftovers inane airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 lunch
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 1364.5mg
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 55.9g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 19.6g
- Cholesterol: 32.1mg
Keywords: healthy lunch, healthy school lunches, healthy lunches for kids
I purchased your book for my daughter and it is now her “go-to” book for everyday! She is a busy mom that wants to feed the family healthy food and loves that most things she already has on hand!!
Shelee, that makes me so happy! I’m so glad I can help busy moms like your daughter.