February 25, 2016
Are you finding yourself in a school lunch rut? We all want to pack healthy lunches for our kids, but sometimes we just don’t have any good recipes. These 8 healthy school lunch ideas will get your kids excited to eat lunch, and will make your life a lot easier when it comes to packing!
You can pack most of these ahead of time, making them perfect for families who meal prep. I personally love to prep my lunches on Sunday so that in the morning, all my kids have to do is grab the lunch box!
Many of these are allergy-friendly, or can be easily made gluten-free by using gluten-free bread or wraps. I know your kids will love at least a few of these!
Don’t forget to pack these healthy school lunch ideas with a lunchbox note!
Healthy School Lunch Ideas + Pizza Pasta Salad
- 12 ounce box pasta, cooked
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 ounces nitrate free pepperoni slices, quartered
- ⅓ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Italian dressing (or olive oil + 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper , to taste
- Cook pasta according to box directions, drain, and rinse. Allow pasta to cool down to room temperature in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, chop all your ingredients and toss them into the bowl, waiting until the pasta is cooled to toss in the cheese (otherwise it will melt).
- Add in Italian dressing and toss to combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight. Store leftovers inane airtight container for up to 3 days.